Cornell in the Twenties Photo Album
Click on any image or image description to view a larger zoomable image. Use the zoom controls at the top of each page to zoom in or out to read text or view images. All images are from the Cornell University Library, Kroch Library Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections.
- 1. Cornell University campus map, 1928, hand colored
by Ellen Edmonson.
- 2. The building of Willard Straight Hall, 1923
- 3. Dragon Day 1920s
- 4. "Hindu Night 1923" sponsored by the Cornell
- 5. Mud Rush on the Agriculture Quad, Spring 1922.
From the Stephenson Jennings (Class of 1922) scrapbook.
- 6. Women's Softball Team, 1923
- 7. Ice Hockey on Beebe Lake, 1930
- 8. Swimming in Beebe Lake, 1920s
- 9. Crew practice on "The Rhine" or inlet , 1920s
- 10. Doing the Charleston, 1920s
- 11. Tobogganing on Beebe Lake, 1920s
- 12. Booze raid on Dryden Road, 1920s
- 13. Crew "bus", 1920s
- 14. Winners of the Inter-Fraternity Soccer Cup, the
Cosmopolitan Club, 1920s
- 15. Alumni cheering at Football game, 1920s
- 16. Lacrosse practice, 1920s
- 17. Saxophone group, 1926
- 18. Spring Day, 1920s
- 19. The mayhem of Mud Rush, 1920s
- 20. Stylish young man on campus, 1920s
- 21. Football player, 1920s
- 22. Ithaca Trolley Car
- 23. Strand Theatre, East State Street, Ithaca,
- 24. Schoellkopf Field and stands, 1920s